The evaluation begins with a series of questions to be asked by the practitioner or the assistant. These questions are essential in determining the patient’s dental history, oral habits, and treatment expectations.
The patient’s radiographs can be imported directly into the application, becoming a part of the printed patient record.
The application guides the practitioner through a series of photographs that are then imported into the application. These photographs can then be compared to various diagrams associated with oral configurations and conditions, allowing the practitioner to visually compare the actual patient photograph with theses diagrams. Not only does this aid the practitioner in classifying the patient’s oral situation, but also allows the patient to view the situation (co-diagnosis). These situations include the patient’s:
1) Lip Line relative to the current prostheses
2) Midline and Lip Asymmetry with current prostheses
3) Lip Dimension with current prostheses
4) Vertical Dimension, Freeway Space and Overall Presentation with current prostheses
5) Jaw Relationship, both with and without the current prostheses
6) Facial Muscle Tone
In addition to the evaluation performed via photographs, other oral examinations are able to be performed:
1) Oral Cancer Review
2) Palatal Throat Form
3) Maxillary and Mandibular Arch size and shape
4) Arch Contours and Heights, as well as Bony Contours
5) Tissue Thickness and Mobility
6) Relationship between the Premaxillary Ridge Crest and the Upper Lip, both at rest and smiling
7) Relationship between the Mandibular Ridge Crest and the Lower Lip
8) Size and Position of the Tongue and Retromylohyoid Space
Once the evaluation is completed, a summary of findings as well as recommended treatment options are presented to the patient. The form can then be signed and printed for the patient’s information as well as for the patient’s chart.
To help support the practitioner’s compliance with current HIPAA laws, patient information is deleted from the application once the next patient is entered. NOTE: Full HIPAA compliance is the responsibility of the practitioner.
The App will directly import the patient photographs as they are made with the iPad’s camera.
Completion of the evaluation application will provide relationship building with the patient, a thorough examination, and an excellent communication tool for controlling the patient’s expectations.Back